Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

8 simple tools for raising great kids By Dr. Todd Cartmell


Whether you find parenting intuitive or impossible, we could all use a hand here and there. Let child psychologist and father Todd Cartmell walk you through the nuts and bolts of healthy, effective parenting.
Using examples from his home and 20 years of professional practice, Todd gives eight essential and practical tools to help you:
  • Maintain a healthy relationship with your child
  • Develop a nurturing home culture
  • Correct behavior in lasting ways
Designed for busy parents, 8 Simple Tools breaks each tool into five short chapters that include a summary tip and application questions. Use even half of the tools in your parenting, and your family dynamics will thrive. Your relationship with your child will be built on love and trust, providing you with fertile ground for planting God’s wisdom in their heart, and ultimately, seeing them flourish. 


I earned my doctorate in clinical psychology from Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, CA. We then moved to Columbus, OH, where I completed a postdoctoral fellowship with Wright State University at the Children’s Hospital. Since then, I have done my clinical work at Summit Clinical Services in Wheaton, IL, where I continue to see children, teens, and families on a full-time basis. 
I have written five parenting books (faith based), which you can learn more about on the Books page. I have presented many parenting workshops at mom’s conferences (Hearts at Home, MOPS International), MOPS groups, churches, and schools, which you can read about on the Workshop page. I have also recently developed a skill-building game for kids called The Flexible Thinking Game. 
In my free time, I enjoy doing anything with my wife, spending time with my boys whenever possible, reading, running, and playing jazz piano any chance I get. My Christian faith is an important part of my life and thinking, and I am continually thankful for God’s grace, of which I am an undeserving recipient. 

My Review

I think we can all use a little help now in then on parenting. Dr. Todd has broken it down into 8 simple tools to help you with your children. Dr. Todd has even broken each tool down into 5 chapters. This way makes it easy to read one tool at a time and each chapter is short. It's not long and drawn out. There are also helpful tips at the end of the chapters.  Is raising your children seasonal or for a time till they are on their own? No you are the parent the rest of your life. Like having a job you need the right tools to do that job right, being a parent is the same we need the right tools to raise our children. I found the suggestions Dr. Todd gave very good tools for a parent to have. Very easy read and full of great advice. I know I have raised  my sons but there are still times these tools are handy in their adult life also. Now even as a grandparent it goes on into the next generation. Excellent book. 
Being a parent is the most important job God has given us. 


As a reader if you purchase this book you can get a discount of 50% but this code here is only good from April 15th to May 15th, after that this code will no longer be good. Here is the 50% Discount Code  GREATKIDS16  


No comments:

Post a Comment