Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Memory House BY Bette Lee Crosby


IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A MEMORY TO OUTLIVE ITS OWNER? 

Ophelia Browne knows the answer is yes. She knows because she’s been granted the unique gift of finding and caring for those forgotten memories. But now she’s nearing ninety, and Browne women seldom live beyond ninety. 

Before time runs out Ophelia must find a successor. Someone who can take hold of the gifts and keep the memories from fading. 

When broken-hearted Annie Cross shows up on the doorstep of The Memory House Bed and Breakfast, Ophelia knows she is the one. The two women forge a bond of friendship as they sip magical dandelion tea and share stories. When Annie starts to sense the memories Ophelia is delighted, but then a thread of violence begins to unravel and Ophelia fears things have gone too far. 




Bette Lee Crosby

USA Today Bestselling and Award-winning novelist Bette Lee Crosby's are  "Well-crafted storytelling populated by memorable characters caught up in equally memorable circumstances."  Midwest Book Review
The Seattle Post Intelligencer says Crosby's writing is, "A quirky mix of Southern flair, serious thoughts about important things in life and madcap adventures."
Samantha from Reader's Favorite raves,  "Crosby writes the type of book you can't stop thinking about long after you put it down." 
"Storytelling is in my blood, "  Crosby laughingly admits, " My mom was not a writer, but she was a captivating storyteller, so I find myself using bits and pieces of her voice in most everything I write."
It is the wit and the wisdom of that southern Mama Crosby brings to her works of fiction; the result is a delightful blend of humor, mystery and romance along with a cast of quirky charters who will steal your heart away. Her work was first recognized in 2006 when she received The National League of American Pen Women Award for a then unpublished manuscript. She has since gone on to win nineteen awards for her work;  these include:  The Royal Palm Literary Award, the FPA President's Book Award Gold Medal, Readers Favorite Award Gold Medal, and the Reviewers Choice Award.
Crosby's published works to date are: Memory House (2015), Passing Through Perfect (2015), Wishing for Wonderful (2014), Blueberry Hill (2014), Previously Loved Treasures (2014), Jubilee's Journey (2013), What Matters Most (2013), The Twelfth Child (2012), Life in the Land of Is (2012), Cracks in the Sidewalk (2011), Spare Change (2011). 


My Review
Memory House

This is the first book I have ever read by Bette Lee Crosby and I can tell you it will not be the last. The moment I opened this book I was glued to it. I could not wait to see what was going to happen next. A house full of memories. I have a few special things like this in my house. Like Opheila these things I can feel the presence of my dad and my gma.  Opheila who is getting up in her years just about 90 needs someone to carry on the memories of her special things of people in the past.  She knows she has found the right person in Anne. But how can she get Annie to stay? Annie has a broken life and needs a change will she move on and leave a wonderful job? Leave behind a man she once loved? O there is so much to this story of people in the past and what they learn and find. Awesome story pick it up. I need another one now. 5 star




No comments:

Post a Comment