Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Unselfish



99 inspiring stories of people putting others before themselves. Everyone is trying to get noticed. Selfies are taking over the internet. We live in a world where success and achievement seem to be determined by how many “likes” or “followers” one has on social media. Selfish behavior seems to be at an all–time high. But there are people who do Unselfish things everyday. Acts of kindness that no one notices. Extraordinary sacrifices that don't always go viral. This book celebrates just a few of the unsung stories of regular people and celebrities alike going against the grain and helping their fellow man. Unselfish will reignite your faith in humanity and may just inspire you to "love thy neighbor as thy selfie"

My Review

I loved Unselfish!! Made me think there is good out there in this world. There are 99 stories of people giving to others expecting nothing in return. A story with a child as young as 6 and selling lemonade and cookies at a stand so others can have a wheelchair that can't afford one.  Billionaire selling out his business to help in missions work. Teachers helping students and many more stories. I found this book very inspiring. I give it a 5 star!! I received a copy for my opinion from The Book Club Network (bookfun.org) and my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment