Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Courting Emily by Amy Lillard










http://www.amywritesromance.com/blog/ )





Emily bustled out of the kitchen looking like a breath of spring in her violet-colored dress and crisp black apron. Her dark blue eyes settled on him and widened.
“Elam,” she exclaimed. “I wasn’t expecting you.”

Ready for more? Check out this book by Amy Lillard!!



He was grimy and dusty, his mouth full of sand and grit. It was bad enough he had to face her at all, but to face her like this…he sighed. It couldn’t be helped.

Without another thought on the matter, he loped up the porch steps and entered the house. The sight that greeted him was yet another surprise.

His father sat at the table with Johanna. Both had a school worksheet in front of them and a crayon grasped in one hand. His father’s tongue stuck out of the corner of his mouth as he concentrated on coloring.

He was coloring. Elam closed his eyes, shook his head, then looked again. Jah, his vatter was coloring a picture of harvest corn and an Englisch scarecrow. But whereas Johanna was working diligently with orange and brown his father’s picture was purple. Several different shades, but all purple.


 Amy Lillard

 I'm a wife, mother, and bona fide Southern belle. Published author, expert corn bread maker, and Squirrel Princess.
 I live in Tulsa, though I was born in Mississippi. I moved to the Sooner State when I was seventeen and met my soul mate and best friend not long after. I've retained a little of my Mississippi accent though most people think I'm from Texas. (?) Rob and I have been married for over twenty years and have a son-a mom proclaimed prodigy, of course!

I love homemade tacos, nail polish, and romance novels-not necessarily in that order. I'm a big fan of country music, a staunch proponent of saving the Oxford comma, and I'm shamefully obsessed with all things Harry Potter.

 I believe that God is love. I guess that's why I love to write inspirational romances. The two go hand-in-hand for me.

I have always been intrigued with the Amish culture, their gentle ways and slower-paced lifestyle. (And I love, love, love the fact that they stay married for their lifetime.) But until recently I never thought to blend this interest with my penchant for romance. Okay, okay, I'm a bit old-fashioned and even enjoy the gender roles that are present in this culture. I love to cook and take care of my family. Yes, that's me June Cleaver with a laptop.

 I dislike people trying to convince me to read the Twlight series (I'll get to it or I won't, either way I'm good with it), gratuitous violence, and strawberry ice cream. (I know I'm alone on this last one, and again, I'm good with it.)

Favorite movies-(besides HP) French Kiss, Maid of Honor, A Lot Like Love, Just Married, and Sweet Home Alabama. Oh, and Miss Congeniality, Sabrina (both versions) and a 1940′s movie called Dear Ruth. If you haven't seen it, you should! A-dorable. Anything with Doris Day and most all of Marilyn's and Audrey's

 My Review:

Courting Emily

By Amy Lillard



I love Amy's books. She writes good strong characters that you just grow to love.  Courting Emily is book 2 in the A Wells Landing Series. I think you could read this one as a stand alone though. But if you haven't read the first one please go back and read it you will be glad you did. The story takes place in Oklahoma at Wells Landing.  Emily is so in love with Luke but he likes things that is of the English world not theirs. He leaves Wells landing to pursue his dream of racing cars. She has another suitor Elam who is trying to win the heart of Emily. Luke does return now she has decisions to make. Will she still have love enough in her heart to go with Luke or will she wed Elam?    Will Emily hold to her faith and do the right thing? Will she let God direct her to the path she should follow? This is a great series. Looking forward to book 3.



I was given this book by the author to review for my own honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment